The Engineering team is composed of experienced structural engineers having the professional knowledge in
designing and detailing steel structures, covering both, structural steel and pre-engineered buildings.
Each building is carefully analyzed and designed by the engineers taking into consideration all the technical
information requested by the municipality and the consultant related to each project, insuring the safety and stability
of the structure.
Computer software are professionally used by MIM engineers to perform accurate 3D analysis, design and detailing
for each building, meeting the highest standards of the industry in terms of design codes applications, approval
drawings and fabrication drawings with high accuracy.
Tekla Structures, is a powerful detailing software used by MIM engineers to generate the complete 3D modeling
from which all shop drawings are automatically generated and released to the factory for fabrication.
Steel sections are carefully selected in accordance to the ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), or
equivalent from other known standards, such as JIS, EN…etc. All materials shall satisfy the proper Physical and
chemical properties suitable for building fabrication.
The following specifications or equivalent, are most commonly used:
- ASTM A572 Grade 50 (Steel Plates and Hot Rolled Sections…etc)
- ASTM Grade 36 (Anchor Bolts, Rods…etc)
- ASTM A653 G90 (Cold-Formed Z and C sections)
- ASTM A755, ASTM A924 (Sheeting and Deck)
- ASTM A475 (Cables)
- ASTM A325 (Bolts)
- ASTM A563 (Nuts)
- ASTM A436 8s or 10s (Washers)
Whenever the steel grade is specified by the consultant, MIM insure the proper material purchase in accordance
to the highest standards and specifications.
MIM applies mainly a list of international reputed codes
in respect of local regional codes whenever requested by
the official authorities and consultants.
Minimum Buildings Codes:
- International Building Code, IBC 2006 (ICC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers ASCE05-7
- Saudi Building Code SBC
- American Institute of Steel Construction AISC ,2005 360
- American Iron and Steel Institute, AISI 2007
- British Standard, BS 5950
- Eurocode 3 of steel Structures, EN 2006 ,3-1
- American Welding Society, AWS D2006 1.1
Manuals and Design Guides:
- Metal Building Manufacturers Association, MBMA
- AISC, Design Guide 09 Torsional Analysis of Structural
- AISC, Design Guide 07 Industrial Buildings Roof to
Anchor Rods (Second Edition)
The Engineering Department produces all required
documents for approval, fabrication and erection. Upon
customer request, some of the documents are submitted to
the client by hard or soft copy.
List of generated documents:
- Design calculations
- Approval drawings
- Anchor bolt plans
- Erection drawings
- Shop details (To MIM plant)
- Bill of materials (BOM)